NEWS & NOTICES
Notice of Permissive Referendum NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Fire Commissioners of the Cochecton Fire District at a scheduled meeting held on the 11th day of May 2010, duly adopted the following Resolution, subject to a permissive referendum. RESOLUTION WHEREAS, the Cochecton Fire District, under the obligation and authority to purchase apparatus…
Litter-Pluck will begin May 18, 2020 and will continue to June 30, 2020. Plastic litter bags and litter-pluck tags for dumping may be picked up at the town hall. Please contact the town clerk or supervisor. Spring Clean Up days have been postponed till mid-August. We will keep you informed as to the exact date….
A MESSAGE FROM THE SUPERVISOR
Greetings to My fellow residents of Cochecton;
Well our daily lives have certainly been changed by the Covid-19 virus and we are all hoping to defeat the virus so we can get back to our normal lives. I hope you are following all the protocols and guidelines that we should be adhering to accomplish this fight against the Corona virus. I am going to list what has been given to me as guidelines for all of us.
- If you feel sick, stay at home and away from others.
- If your children are sick, keep them home and away from others.
- If you are an older person, and have a serious underlying health condition, STAY AT HOME, and away from others.
- If someone in your household has tested positive, keep everyone in the household at home.
- Avoid social gatherings of more than 10 people.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips, and social visits.
- Do Not Visit nursing homes or retirement facilities!
- Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces.
Our Town hall is open but on reduced hours. If you need to see a certain department, please call ahead to make an appointment. I will be in my office each day from 10 to 1 to address any of your needs or concerns. My number is 845-932-8360 x 15 and my email is supervisor@ townofcochectonny.org.
Our regular monthly meeting for April 8th will be held with only the board members and the Town Clerk and any Department head with pertinent business. If you have any concerns or questions for the board, please call or email me, and we will address it and get back to you.
Please take care and we will win this battle and return to our regular lives.
Gary Maas, Supervisor of Cochecton