Driveway Application (PDF)
It is the responsibility of the Code Enforcement Officer to enforce the Town of Cochecton codes to ensure the health and safety of the public. When violations of the Codes are observed or reported, the Enforcement Officer will visually inspect, make contact with the property owner by letter and give instructions for eliminating the violation.
Typical work activities include:
- Review plans and specifications submitted with building permit applications for compliance with building and zoning laws prior to issuing permits.
- Inspect buildings and structures in the process of construction or repair for compliance with approved plans and specifications and all requirements.
- Issue building permits and furnish certificates of occupancy upon final inspection.
- Inspect existing buildings and structures to ensure their safety. Order unsafe conditions to be corrected and order unsafe structures to be repaired or removed.
- Maintain records of inspections, decisions and notices.
- Prepare reports of buildings and structures erected or altered, permits issued, and fees collected for presentation to the Town Board.